Thursday, October 26, 2017

"God is love"

Thursday, October 26, 2017 (6:16 a.m.)
Most Dear and Holy God,

Thank You for Your patience. Even as I started to consider You as patient, I wondered if that was just my own opinion. Immediately that thought was countered with “God is love”. And then I wondered…

If God truly is love, does each of the descriptions of love in 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 aptly apply? I choose to believe yes they do. You are patient. Kind.

Oh, but here I stumble in my own thinking. “Love is not jealous” causes me to search Exodus 20:5, “for I, the LORD thy God, am a jealous God”.

And here I revert right back to asking You to teach me to ♪Trust in the Lord with all your heart And lean not on Your own understanding In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path♪ (Proverbs 3:5-6).

Thank You Father that You make it possible for us to trust You. To love You. To want You.

I’m confessing to avoiding spending time alone with You these last many days. Not feeling good takes its toll on me. Referring to myself as a big baby comes easily for me. But much earlier this morning You helped me spread out a time line that is helping me see so many things  much more clearly.

Thank You Father. Truly. Thank You.

Thank You for helping me look at the past ten years and seeing pain I hadn’t fully acknowledged before. Thank You for the tears that want to spill out. Thank You for the love that has held us all together. Which circles right back around to, “God is love”.

Mm, yes Father. Let me hold on to this magnificent Truth this day. You are indeed love. That is where I long to focus. Let me live [and cough] in and through You. Be here in all that we are and all that we do.

I love You. I long to serve You. And I ask You to empower and embolden me to Your righteous and glorious end. Yes. Thank You for Your patience. Thank You that You are love.

Thank You. I Love You. Amen.
(368 words ~ 7:32 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment