Wednesday, October 18, 2017

singing praise

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 (6:25 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. Thank You that I get to come here before You singing Your praise.

I didn’t plan on it. I was going to thank You for being great. Good. You know like our mealtime prayers from childhood.

Mm, yes Father. Thank You that we get to remember those times. Automatically thinking of You as great.

“God is great” led me to Psalm 145. Illustrated Bible Handbook lists it as “Pure praise, offered to God for His many wonderful attributes and qualities.”

Pure praise. Hmm. Praise. I didn’t even know I was doing it until I heard it in my mind ♪Sing praise, sing praise♪ I couldn’t remember more words, but I immediately knew the melody.

Thank You Father. Thank You for people like Chris Tomlin who can work on a song for four years with the sole purpose being to glorify You. Mm. Yes. Singing praise and glorifying You.

♪Forever God is faithful Forever God is strong Forever God is with us Forever♪

How grateful I am to You Blessed God that even as I turn again to Psalm 145 the praise song began immediately. While reading, “I will praise You, my God and King, and bless Your name forever and ever” (v. 1) my heart was humming.

Checking back with the song my soul sang out ♪Give thanks to the Lord our God and King His love endures forever For He is good, He is above all things His love endures forever♪

Thank You. Yes. Thank You. Thank You for psalms of old that sing of Your greatness. Yes, Holy God. “Great is the LORD! He is most worthy of praise! His greatness is beyond discovery!” (v.3).

Keep our focus on You this day I pray. Your greatness. Our need to sing Your praises. How we love and thank You. Use us to Your good and to Your glory. Thank You. Amen.
(325 words ~ 7:34 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment