Monday, September 1, 2014

August Starts and Stops

Sunday, August 24, 2014 (12:02 p.m.)
Bahia Point – San Diego, CA
Holy God,

Wow! What more can I say? Up. Out. Church. Here. Amazing. Yes. Y-O-U amaze me!

You give us opportunities. Favor. Bless.

Luke 1:27. (cf. Matthew 1:23; Mark 1:1; John 1:14)


Monday, August 25, 2014 (8:36 a.m.)
San Diego, CA
Blessed Father,


Thursday, August 28, 2014 (7:11 a.m.)

How many ways can I say, “I'm not okay!”?

WOW, God!

Even here You blow me away!

Thank You Father! Thank You for the tender ways with which You care for us. Ways of which we are often unaware.

For so many days I have come. Sat. Thought. Wondered. Tried. Started. Stopped. Started again. And through it all, You just wait.

John 14:27; John 16:33


Friday, August 29, 2014 (8:22 a.m.)
Sweet Jesus,

Loving Lord, Blessed Redeemer, Solid Rock. The list of Your attributes is endless. All I am not, You are. Thank You that through the fog of discontent You remain constant. I get to trust and believe in You. Every single time I remember to choose You.

Thank You Jesus. Thank You that I get to continue reading Your Word. Hoping for evidence of things we cannot yet see (Hebrews11:1).

Here is where I confess again to getting caught once more by disillusionment. Disappointment. Disheartenment.

I know I am supremely blessed. That is never in question. Squandering those blessings is my greatest concern.

Jesus, when I remember to look to You rather than the problems of the world around me I find hope. When You are the foundation on which we build (1 Corinthians 3:11) our footing will remain solid. Even as the trials and sorrows you said would take place on earth (John 16:33) present themselves we get to have peace in You.

The apostle Paul wrote to the church at Corinth encouraging Your followers to “Test yourselves to make sure you are solid in faith. Don't drift along taking everything for granted. Give yourselves regular checkups. You need firsthand evidence, not mere hearsay, that Jesus Christ is in you. Test it out. If you fail the test, do something about it” (2 Corinthians 13:5 The Message).

Jesus, I want desperately for my faith to be solid in You. I know however that it wavers. I waffle when adversities hit. The apple cart gets upended and I panic rather than staying solid in You.

Work in me. Work with me. Through me. For me. I love You. I want that above anything to show through. Louder than all else. Most evident. Please.

I love You. I want to stand solid in Your Word. On Your foundation. Make it so Dearest Lord. Make it so. Thank You. I Love You. Amen.


Sunday, August 31, 2014 (2:47 p.m.)
Anaheim ~ Tall Kitchen Table
Gracious Jesus,
  Loving Lord,
    Present Holy Spirit ~

I started off much earlier looking for the verse that describes Your attributes. Paul used it to close his second letter to the Corinthians. Chapter 13. Verse 13.

You know my heart. My needs. My desires. My limitations ~ whether self-imposed or not. I trust You. With all that I am. And all that I have. Do all that You must to make me all that You would have me become.

I love You. I believe You. Your Word. Your promises.

As I sit here. Alone. Quiet. Reflecting. Hoping. 2 Corinthians 13:11 is my prayer of request to You.

In writing to explain new life in Christ to the church at Corinth, Paul closed his letter “with these last words...”

No comments:

Post a Comment