Sunday, September 7, 2014

Power Greater than myself

Saturday, September 6, 2014 (7:51 a.m.)
Holy Power Greater Than Myself,

Holy, Blessed, Mighty Power greater than myself. Talk with me please about what that title really means.

Philippians 2:13 is a corresponding Bible verse for Step Two in The Twelve Steps for Christians. Am I to spend time examining it? Or do we again take another look at grace and the glimpses You continue providing me? Guide me here I pray.

My thinking is a little skewed right now. Our phone service is disrupted. Messages currently unretrievable. There are many things to take care of before 11 o'clock. But this is truly where I'd rather be. Trusting and learning more from You.

Grace. “In the New Testament, God's grace is often set in contrast to law. While law demands that a human being perform perfectly to win God's approval, grace makes great promises of pardon and love” (Illustrated Bible Handbook).

As I read more of this description I am reminded that “'grace' describes decisive action taken by God on behalf of a mankind which is not merely weak but powerless without Him.” Is that not exactly what I am still coming to realize?

Even further down this section, life in You is again spelled out for me. “The Christian life is also a matter of grace. Because we live under grace rather than the law (Romans 6:14) we can experience righteousness. The power of sin has been drained and Christ, living in us, can act through us to make us truly good (cf. Galatians 2:20; Ephesians 2:8-10).

Thank You mighty, blessed holy Power that I get to so readily confer and confirm Your Truth!

As this Theology in Brief ends, again I read, “Grace is, as it is often defined, the 'unmerited favor of God.' But most importantly, it is God acting powerfully to do for you and for me all those things which we could never do for ourselves.”

Confessing my own powerlessness to various circumstances allows me to truly lean into and trust You to strengthen me with Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10). There are so very many things I cannot do on my own.

Referring again to the above mentioned verse in Paul's letter to the believers in Philippi. “For God is working in you, giving you the desire to obey Him and the power to do what pleases Him.” Make it so Dearest Power. Make it so. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(406 words ~ 9:15 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment