Friday, September 5, 2014

Mm

Friday, September 5, 2014 (7:57 a.m.)
♫Holy, Holy, Holy!

… God in three Persons, blessed Trinity!

Mm. Thank You. You take me to the most perfect places in Your Word. Just thinking of You as Three-in-One led me to singing the three Holies above. That in turn directed me to Revelation 4:8 and further up and over the pages to Jesus' message to the church in Laodicea (3:14-22).

Mm. Here again I get to take a deep breath. Relax. Remember. Be reminded of just Who is charge. Thank You.

Thank You that all I have is in You. Every single hope. Every blessing. Every challenge. Every fear. Thank You for redirecting my thinking every single time I need it.

Thank You for reminding me that every opportunity I have to love comes from You. A paragraph from a recovery devotional for this section of Scripture simply entitled Love tells us, “Jesus said: 'I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other' (John 13:34). Trying to love without first receiving God's love is like trying to water something with a hose that's disconnected from the faucet. When we receive God's unconditional love, we can begin to love ourself. We are told to love others as we love ourself and as Jesus has loved us. There is a boundless reservoir of love available to us; but without receiving the love of God in Christ, we will quickly run dry” (The Life Recovery Bible).

Thank You for another deep breath. Another opportunity to breath in Your Word. Another glimpse of grace. Mm. Yes. Thank You.

Use me this day to Your good and to Your glory. Be in, with, and completely around my every thought, word, deed and emotion. I love You and I long to love others as You would have me love myself. Make it so Blessed Hope. Make it so. Thank You. Amen.
(327 words ~ 9:00 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment