Thursday, September 4, 2014

However...

Thursday, September 4, 2014 (6:47 a.m.)
Divine Three-in-One,

Father. Son. Holy Ghost. Referenced by the apostle Paul in the close of his second letter to the church at Corinth and I'm still trying to get my head around the tiniest bit of understanding.

To say “I don't get it” is an understatement of the greatest magnitude. However, that doesn't keep me from hoping. Trusting. Studying. Seeking. Yes! Seeking “through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out” (Step Eleven of Twelve).

God, as I understand You, I love You. How I thank You for the opportunity to get to know and trust You and Your Word. Thank You that in The Twelve Steps for Christians, Step Eleven is accompanied by a verse written by the apostle Paul to the believers at Colosse. “Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly (Colossians 3:16A)

Paul wrote his letter to the Colossians to “show us that Christ is the only real source of power in our life” (The Life Recovery Bible). I want that power. I need that power. According to everything I read I can have access to that power. It is to the divinity of Your Trinity that I look for that access.

It's no secret that I tend to complicate the easiest of things. If there is a way to misunderstand or misuse something, I'll find it. However, You are bigger than every single one of my mistakes. When I take my hands off and just let You be the God of my life, I am perfectly amazed by the grace with which things take place.

Since again coming across 2 Corinthians 13:13 (in some versions, verse 14) I continue getting to be reminded that it is “the grace (favor and spiritual blessing) of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the presence and fellowship (the communion and sharing together, and participation) in the Holy Spirit” (Amplified Bible) Paul prayed upon Your followers.

The Worldwide English version declares, “And to all of you I say, 'May the kindness and blessing of the Lord Jesus Christ be upon you. May God show you His love. May you all have the Holy Spirit with you.'”

The Message refers to “The amazing grace of the Master, Jesus Christ, the extravagant love of God, the intimate friendship of the Holy Spirit” and The Voice follows up with an explanation.

Paul ends his letters as he begins them, praying that grace be with those who read this letter. From first to last, the life of faith is framed by grace.”

I haven't even begun to understand or fully experience life in this regard. However, I am excited to begin! Thank You. YOU have done this work in me. Keep it up I pray. Thank You. I love You. Oh how obvious I want it to be! Amen.
(500 words ~ 8:30 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment