Tuesday, September 16, 2014

grateful

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 (7:50 a.m.)
Holy, holy GOD,

I am grateful. Wonderfully, lovingly grateful.

I confess, I don't always recognize the gratitude. Oh but it's here. It really, truly is here.

You bless us. You keep us. You smile on us and are gracious to us. You show us Your favor and You give us Your peace (Numbers 6:24-26). All this I don't always see. I'm not always fully aware of it. But You are constant. Unwavering. Unswerving. Faithful. Solid. One standard. One.

Mm. When I allow myself to remember and believe it, there is peace. Profound peace. I can all too easily work myself up into a frenzy. Too often I fret. Stew. Worry. Become overly concerned. It's only when I remember that You really, truly ARE in control and that You absolutely do not change (Malachi 3:6) that I breath in deeply and trust You to be the God You claim to be.

And for this I am grateful. Wonderfully, profoundly grateful.

Blessed GOD, let me use this gratitude well. Do all You must to let it be seen by those I encounter this day. I love You. I need You. I want You. And I thank You. Oh, how I thank You. Use me well I pray. Use me well. Amen.

(215 words ~ 9:05 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment