Sunday, September 7, 2014

Simply GOD

Sunday, September 7, 2014 (8:32 a.m.)
GOD,

Simply GOD.

How many times have we spoken of the myriad of ways I tend to complicate things? Thinking. Rethinking. Overthinking. Thinking again.

That's what I've been doing this morning. In wanting to come up with the perfect term to encompass the holy Triune Godhead that You [plural] are, I was stalled.

How many years [decades, actually] have I used the phrase, “Thank You God” in expressing joy? While always thinking I was somehow disregarding Jesus and the Holy Spirit in the process.

I have no easy solution. No new word to coin for society. I read. I search. I study. I seek. And what I come back to is GOD. GOD, the Father. GOD, the Son. GOD, the Holy Spirit. GOD. Simply GOD.

GOD in three Persons, blessed Trinity!

I am beginning to think in thoughts of Three. It began the other day on my search for Paul's close to a letter. His second to the church at Corinth as it turned out. Grace, love and fellowship were his final words to them all.

Not grace, love or fellowship as the world would offer one another. No. “The grace of our Lord Jesus, Christ, the love of God [the Father], and the fellowship [intimate friendship] of the Holy Spirit” (2 Corinthians 13:13, or 14).

Thinking in Threes, I see three letters to the name GOD. Three letters in the recovery term of HOW to approach every day life. Honestly. Openly. Willingly.

As I continue my walk with You, I ask [oh look! Three more letters! Ask. Seek. Knock (Matthew 7:7).] that You, collectively - the Three of You, would help me “keep it simple”. Again, three words!

Awesome, Holy, Loving GOD. Keep me in such true AWE of You today that the Three of You show clearly through to all with whom I come in contact. I love You. I thank You. I worship AND adore You. Thank You for loving me first. Thank You for Your plan to USE me as You wish. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You! Amen.
(351 words ~ 9:06 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment