Friday, August 22, 2014

waiting on God

Friday, August 22, 2014 (6:45 a.m.)
Blessed Father God,

Good morning. I love You. I'm here. Willingly. Eagerly. Waiting. On You.

(8:13 a.m.)
What would it be like to truly wait on You?

I read about it in Your Word. I try to get an understanding of it. And when all is said and done I don't feel any closer to 'getting' it than I was before I started.

But here's something. Isaiah 40:31 in various translations. First, the standard (KJV), “But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength;”. There are transcriptions of waiting 'on' and 'for', but that's not what gets my tail wagging [so to speak].

There are mentions of expecting, looking for, and hoping in You. Trust is also used. The Expanded Bible puts it all together. “But the people who trust [hope in; wait on] the LORD will become strong again. They will rise up as an eagle in the sky [with wings like eagles]; they will run and not need rest [grow weary]; they will walk and not become tired [faint].”

I love when Your Truth is spelled out for me in words I can grasp and hold onto.

Father, as I once again make the decision to turn my will and my life over to Your care (Step 3 of 12), fully admitting my powerlessness and unmanageability of my life (#1) and truly believing in Your Power to restore me to sanity (2) I wholeheartedly ask You to work in, with, through and for me in all I encounter this day. Let my choices and interactions reflect Your good and Your glory. Lift me up, renew my strength that I would indeed soar as You would intend.

I love You Father. I want You. I need You. And I ask that You would do all that You must to make me into the woman You would have me be. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(324 words ~ 8:56 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment