Monday, July 21, 2014

tranquil

Monday, July 21, 2014 (7:33 a.m.)
Awesome, Blessed God,

Thank You. Thank You for a cool breeze. Happy sounds. Peaceful, tranquil surroundings. Mm, yes. Tranquil. That was said of our yard the other day. A simple comment made in passing that buoyed our hearts.

Father, You have afforded us this opportunity of tranquility. I look to Your Word. Read various verses containing the term and am pleased as I recognize it describing Your peace.

Numbers 6:26 in the Amplified Bible asks the blessing of “peace (tranquility of heart and life continually).” Mm!

It's Philippians 4:7 on which I choose to focus. “And God's peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.”

I take this verse over to The Life Recovery Bible and read verses 4-9. In reading them again, I wonder how it is that I so easily forget the wisdom found here.

The comment for this section reads, “True happiness can be found in every situation of life when we recognize that God is at work and always in control.” Oh yes. Amen!

Because Christ is with us and His return is certain, we can act calmly in pain and difficulty.” Too often I forget. I curse. Moan. Gripe. Forgive me.

Peace and joy [tranquility] come when we focus on those things that provide lasting value to our life.” Hmm... lasting value!

The more we commit ourself to knowing God's will through prayer and study of His Word, the better prepared we are to help ourself and others in the process of recovery.”

Mm, yes Father. 'Help ourself and others'. Through You! How I ask that You would keep me grounded and focused on You and the things You would have me most concerned with.

Another word for tranquility, is described in a devotional for the next four verses. “Serenity is having an inner calm in the midst of the ups and downs of life. It involves learning to be content with the things in our lives that cannot be changed.”

Father, thank You for the work You are doing in each of us. Drawing us ever closer to complete dependence on You. I love You so very much. Thank You for the opportunity to begin this day feeling tranquil. Use me well I pray. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(429 words ~ 8:12 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment