Friday, July 11, 2014

"How else"

Friday, July 11, 2014 (7:15 a.m.)
Awesome God,

Good morning. Hi. Hello. Greetings. What else? Hmm... I love You. Yes. I love You.

How else to begin this morning?

“How else”. Are You joking me God? Really? I can even find fellowship with You by asking, “How else”?

Thank You! Thank You that I get to read in Your Word of others who asked the same thing. Moses (Exodus 33:15-16). Job (31:21-23). Paul (Romans 3:2-6).

A casual question. Genuine. Yet at the same time, fairly informal. Oh, but it puts me right in the center of such good company!

Three such faithful men of Yours.

The Life Recovery Bible's comment for the Exodus account says, “When Moses asked to experience God's comforting presence and see His glory, he was not seeking to glorify himself.” Father, I long to be that selfless.

The comment continues, “A clear vision of God is important for all of us to have. As we see Him more clearly, we are better able to understand our own strengths and limitations. This scene shows Moses growing spiritually in a remarkable way. All of us should seek to know God better and to experience His presence in our life.”

Yes. Please. Sign me up for “growing spiritually in a remarkable way”, as well as seeking “to know God better and to experience His presence in our life”. I have a germ of an idea what that would look like. While at the very same I know my thoughts don't come anywhere close to all life in You has to offer.

Father, how I thank You for the way a casual question made to You can take me so eagerly into Your presence. Be with me this day. Continue reminding me of the power and strength we have in Your Spirit (Zechariah 4:6). Be in and with me in all I think, say, am and do this day. Let me glorify and enjoy You as You wish.

I love You. I thank You. And I ask all this in Your Son's most holy name. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(353 words ~ 11:08 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment