Wednesday, July 9, 2014

blessings surround

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 (8:45 a.m.)
Most Holy God,

How I thank You for the blessings with which You continuously surround us. I confess, far too often I don't take note of them as gratefully and thankfully as I believe You would have me do. Oh, but the moment I truly notice one I become all the more ready to celebrate the Truth. Your blessings surround us!

Psalm 5 even speaks to this. David wrote this hymn of praise to You. It begins with a notation. “For the choir director: ...to be accompanied by the flute.” My mind, heart and soul find joy at the thought of hearing Your Truth either read or sung along with the light melodic strains of a flute.

Mm. Joy. Hope. Truth. You.

Reading THE BOTTOM LINE in The Life Recovery Bible I see the PURPOSE of the Psalms is “To demonstrate that God is holy and loving and intimately involved in every aspect of our human experience.” All that AND set to music! Thank You Father.

Thank You that as I read more of the introduction to this collection I “find that the psalms may be read at many different levels, depending on the problems we face.” They can deter and help keep us out of trouble.

Thank You for the various people You used over hundreds of years to write out Your intent of helping to guide us “through our problems, as reminders of the One who actually delivers us”. Thank You that You've provided us these “beacons of hope to encourage us in perplexing or painful situations.”

The capacity of my heart seems to expand as I consider the Truth we find in believing that “Through the psalms we share in the hopes and failures of the entire human race. Yet as we read them, we are ushered into the very presence of our loving and merciful God.”

Father, it is ONLY when we stop focusing on the problems we have in this world and pay attention to You and Your mighty power that we are free to hope. In You.

The Life Recovery comment for Psalm 5:1-7 says, “When we trust God for help in our moment-by-moment walk of obedience, His wall of protection surrounds us wherever we go and whatever we do.”

Psalm 5:12 promises, “You, O Eternal, are the One who lays all good things in the laps of the right-hearted. Your blessings surround them like a shield” The Voice.

It is Your surrounding blessings I pray upon each of us in such desperate need of Your protection. It is the very prayer of my heart that we would ultimately choose to glorify and enjoy You forever. Truly loving You with all of our hearts, souls, minds and strength (Mark 12:30).

Lead me, teach me, change me into the woman You designed me to be. I love You Father. Deeply. Profoundly. And I long to hear and obey You. Thank You for loving me so completely. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(503 words ~ 10:09 a.m.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment