Thursday, July 10, 2014

completion

Thursday, July 10, 2013 (6:53 a.m.)
Blessed Father,

I'm here asking You to grow in me a willingness to complete what I start. I confess to doubting myself and a slew of ideas. While something may look good in my head, uncertainty as well as boredom will often halt any progressive momentum I get going. Great plans, very little follow through.

Again I'm reading Paul's letter to the people of Philippi. I feel myself completely relax with the Truth I find in Your Word. As I become more aware of my breathing, soothing, regular breaths are taken in deeply. My mind clears. Heart smiles. A peacefulness washes over me, as though I am truly transfixed.

Mm. Thank You Father. Thank You for peacefulness. Pleasure. Hope. Joy. Experiences Paul refers to while writing from his prison cell, not knowing the outcome of his upcoming trial.

Blessed Father, You amaze me! I come to You believing that I'm thinking one thing, only to read further and see I am not alone. You knew millennia before I ever came into being that I would need to be reminded of Your steadfastness.

I get to read from Paul's own perspective of the hope and joy that comes from following Jesus. Romans 8:37-39 is cited in The Life Recovery Bible's devotional on Perseverance (Philippians 1:2-6). It reminds us that “overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.”

Too often I revert to the trap of thinking I'm in this life alone. That decisions and actions are mine to make solely. On those rare occasions that I do invite someone else in to share the burden, it's usually another person. Very rarely is my 'go to' You.

Yet, when I do remember to bring my ideas to You first there is the realization that I am never alone. Father, how I ask You to keep working in me. Continue Your plan as You know is best.

Taking the verse “And I am sure that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ” (1:6 RSV) that brought me to Philippians in the first place this morning,  to The Voice I get an even deeper understanding of it.

I am confident that the Creator, who has begun such a great work among you, will not stop in mid-design but will keep perfecting you until the day Jesus the Anointed, our Liberating King, returns to redeem the world.”

When it comes to things and ideas to complete, make sure mine are You minded. Do Your work in me that I will desire all that is pleasing to You.

I love You Father. I need You. I thank You. And I ask all this in Your Blessed Son's most holy name. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(469 words ~ 8:25 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment