Tuesday, July 8, 2014

prayer and surrender

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 (6:55 a.m.)
Holy Father God,

Thank You! Thank You for the word potential: “having or showing the capacity to become or develop something in the future”.

Two days have been spent working together as a team around here. Communicating quite a bit better. Dancing as one on the patio even took place right in the middle of weed pulling.

How did this come about? Prayer and surrender to You.

Thank You for reminding me just there of the very moment I slipped right back into “me” mode yesterday. All was good. Work; hard and almost finished. A statement, followed by a question. A reply. Another statement. And hurt feelings abounded.

Why is that Lord? One moment all is well and the next, CRASH! Ow. Hurt. Pain. Carelessly spoken words can hurt so much! Mm, yes. But I also had the opportunity to witness how well carefully chosen ones can lead to healing.

I saw with my very own eyes how negative self talk can severely impede progress. I watched as the words “I am working hard to overcome my lifelong fear of the water” empowered a fearful reluctant swimmer back into the free and confident lover of water she had become just weeks ago. Before she fell back into the trap of hearing herself repeatedly say, “I am afraid of the water.”

Father, I'm reading Paul's first letter to Timothy and am reminded again of Your transforming power. You took Saul of Tarsus and turned him into “one of the most dynamic leaders of the early Christian church” (Life Recovery Bible insights 1Timothy 1:12-17).

You are well aware of each of our potentials. How I ask that You would empower and embolden me to use mine well this day. Let the words I choose [to think as well as to speak] to be powerfully affirming. Remind me of the absolute importance of prayer and surrender to You in even the most basic circumstance.

Father, I love You. I need You. And I thank You. Keep me close to You in all of my heart, soul, mind and strength. Teach me how to love You as I ought. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(367 words ~ 8:07 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment