Tuesday, July 31, 2012

two words


Monday, July 23, 2012 (7:14 a.m.)
Awesome God,
Just those first two words and I am transported to the book of Nehemiah. “A man of prayer and unshakable commitment to God.” “The great rebuilder of Jerusalem”.
Father, how I thank You for this particular book written more than four hundred years before Your Son came to earth. This book that shares details of not only the rebuilding of the wall, but of the workers and the worship as well.
All because I recognized You as “Awesome God” this morning I get to read again of: The Importance of Boundaries, The Importance of Confrontation, The Danger of Discouragement, and The Power of Confession and Worship. Thank You Father.
Thank You for reminding me of the importance of coming before You. That’s exactly what Nehemiah tells us he did immediately upon hearing the discouraging news that the wall of Jerusalem was still torn down, and the gates burned.
“ ‘O Lord God,’ I cried out; ‘O great and awesome God who keeps His promises and is so loving and kind to those who love and obey Him! Hear my prayer!’ ” (Nehemiah 1:5) What a wonderful example, set by this man who was so deeply committed to You.
Thank You Father that these two words could take me so quickly to the heart of one who knew You and Your promises so well. Thank You that he used them in his prayer for help from You. “Oh, please remember what You told Moses! You said, ‘If you sin, I will scatter you among the nations: but if you return to me and obey my laws, even though you are exiled to the farthest corners of the universe, I will bring you back to Jerusalem. For Jerusalem is the place in which I have chosen to live’ ”(vs. 8-9).
Thank You for getting my attention this morning as soon as I uttered these first two words. Help me give You Your much deserved due for actually being the Awesome God that You are. I love You so very much Dearest Awesome God. Empower me to glorify You this day and enjoy You forever. It is truly to this “chief end” I aspire. Thank You Awesome God. I love You. Amen.
(377 words ~ 8:09 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment