Tuesday, July 31, 2012

glorifying God


Sunday, July 29, 2012 (7:38 a.m.)
Glorious God,
I love You. Talk to me today about glorifying You.
(8:15 a.m.)
It’s something I desperately long to do, and do well.
(9:15 a.m.)
And again You see how I start and stop and start once more. Focus me Father that I will truly learn to glorify You.
This morning I again read of King Nebuchadnezzar (Daniel 1:1-4:37). Of his accomplishments and his pride. Father God, thank You for this account of his finally coming to believe in and trust You as the source of his power (4:37).
(11:35 a.m.)
This last interruption was not one of distraction, but of praise and worship. Thank You Father for the opportunity to ‘attend’ church via the Internet. Thank You for a body of Believers that enables us to worship You at home when the decision is made to do not it in person on the actual church campus. Thank You Father that YOU are our reason for attending in whatever realm available to us.
Through the singing (Praise Adonai, It Is Well With My Soul, …) and the teaching (John  20:19-31) I come away believing that the best way I can glorify You today is in trusting and believing You and Your Word.
Father God, there are so many areas of which I am uncertain. I doubt. I waver. I falter. I fail. I have yet to master ‘giving thanks in all things’ (1Thessalonians 5:18) or ‘rejoicing in You always’ (Philippians 4:4). But this one thing I know to be true, when it comes to trusting You, I do.
I don’t claim to ever understand nor always like some of the circumstances I encounter or their outcomes, but trusting You ‘to know the plan You have for me, a plan for good and not for evil, to give me a future and a hope’ (Jeremiah 29:11) is how I have come to depend on You. Believing that “all that happens to us is working for our good if we love God and are fitting into His plans” (Romans 8:28) is another Truth in which I mightily believe.
Most Dear and Blessed Father God, as You continue Your precious work in me, I ask that You continue unfolding things in Your perfect and exact Way. For every single doubt I come across (whether in myself, others or situations) I so very humbly ask You to counter each with Your Truth. You alone art God! Deserving to be loved with all my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:29,30). How I pray that this in and of itself is glorifying to You O Lord.
I do love You. I trust You. And I believe. Thank You Blessed Father. To God be the glory, great things He has done; So loved He the world that He gave us His Son, Who yielded His life an atonement for sin, And opened the life gate that all may go in. Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, Let the earth hear His voice! Praise the Lord, praise the Lord Let the people rejoice! O come to the Father, through Jesus the Son, And give Him the glory, great things He has done. Such great things! Thank You Father. Amen.
(539 words ~ 12:17 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment