Wednesday, July 4, 2012

independence


Wednesday, 4th of July, 2012 (8:10 a.m.)
Blessed Father God,
It’s Independence Day for the United States of America and I confess, I’m afraid for our country. We have all our patriotic songs about how greatly You’ve blessed us, but I don’t think we’re doing a good job in stewarding those blessings.
Your Word tells us in Philippians 4:6, “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.” Father, I can’t even begin to tell You what we need as a nation. I take that back. I DO know! We need YOU! Front and center. Not pushed off to the sidelines. Not as an after thought.
The two verses I found in Your Word containing the word independence both sound another alarm for me. I think we, as a nation, have come to take our independence so much for granted that we won’t fully appreciate it until it is gone. How I ask You Blessed Father to wake us up from our complacency long before that happens.
Hosea 1:4 in The New Living Translation tells us, “And the Lord says, ‘Name the child Jezreel, for I am about to punish King Jehu’s dynasty to avenge the murders he committed at Jezreel. In fact, I will bring an end to Israel’s independence.”
The Message says, “[Trying Out Another Sin-Project] ‘What do you have against me, running off to assert your independence?’ God’s Decree. ‘I’ve wasted my time trying to train your children. They’ve paid no attention to me, ignored my discipline. And you’ve gotten rid of your God-messengers, treating them like dirt and sweeping them away” (Jeremiah 2:29-30).
We are not the first nation in Your history to disregard and discard Your teachings. Save us from the discipline to come should we choose to continue on this present course. You are such a good and all providing Father and God.
Let us TRULY remember that we are only America the Beautiful because of the grace YOU shed upon us. As families, friends, neighborhoods and communities come together to mark the birthday of this nation, make us ever aware that it is only because of You that we have the independence for which to celebrate. Let us honor YOU first and then this glorious nation You provided us.
I love You Father. I thank You. And I ask You to show me how You would have me make a difference in the way we live as independent Americans. Thank You. Amen.
(421 words ~ 9:16 a.m.)



No comments:

Post a Comment