Tuesday, July 31, 2012

embrace


Saturday, July 7, 2012 (8:11 a.m. MDT)
Albuquerque, NM
Again Father,
Again I say, “Thank You!” Thank You for the ability to fully embrace the unexpected things of yesterday.
Beginning with the moment I noticed I had forgotten to change out of slippers back into sandals, I knew I had a choice. I could go back to the room, causing a delay for others, or I could embrace the awkwardness. Thank You for the intense beauty of our surroundings making it that much easier to adjust to awkward.
With every change in out plans, I asked You to help me embrace the unexpected and You did! With almost every turn there was something else to enjoy. Incredible beauty. Unfamiliar tastes and flavors. Unexpected and highly enjoyable surprises.
Today, as I again prepare to ask You to teach me to embrace and enjoy the unexpected, I also ask You to show me how to discern between the things You would have me embrace and those You would have me refrain from embracing (Ecclesiastes 3:5).
Father, it is Your wisdom I seek in all we experience. I think I get a clue. I get excited to think I’ve found the secret to our existence only to take it back to Your Word and be reminded that our thoughts and ways are NOT Yours (Isaiah 55:8).
Thank You Father that you know EVERY thing about us. Nothing we feel, are, think or do surprises You. You know exactly what to expect from us and You provided Your Son as our Way to be able to embrace You and Your Truth. Thank You Father. You are kind. All knowing. Forgiving. Some THE One I truly long to embrace. Thank You Father. I love You Amen.
(295 words ~ 9:59 a.m. MDT)

No comments:

Post a Comment