Thursday, July 5, 2012

depth


Thursday, July 5, 2012 (7:54 a.m.)
Blessed Father God,
You are awesome. Wonderful. Generous. Forgiving. And I am so loved by You ‘that You gave Your only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life’ (John 3:16).
We know this verse. Many of us learned it as children. What do You want to teach me through it this morning? Remembering the King James Version teaching of my childhood, five distinct words stick out to me. Begotten. Whosoever. Believeth. Perish. Everlasting.
These are no longer used as readily as they once were. Yet I believe there is something of substance that You would have me take into this day. “Whosoever believeth”? While considering those two words the phrase “from everlasting to everlasting came to mind.
Time with You seems especially ‘deep’ this morning. Not the usual “Thank You. I love You. Amen.” I’m looking. Seeking, actually. But not yet finding. Keep my thoughts near You. Reveal what it is You would have me paying attention to this day.
As I prepare to leave this time alone with You, I ask that You would go before, beside, behind, beneath, above and within me. Completely cover me with Your presence, to the very depth of my core.
I DO love You. I DO thank You. And I am absolutely grateful to be so loved by You. Thank You Father. Thank You Son. Thank You Holy Spirit. Continue Your work in making me into the woman You have created me to be. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(261 words ~ 8:58 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment