Tuesday, July 31, 2012

opportunities


Saturday, July 21, 2012 (7:09 a.m.)
Most Amazing, Blessed Father God,
Thank You. Thank You for opportunities. Opportunities to love others. To share. Serve. Trust. Believe.
Thank You Father that left to our own devices we often do far too little. But with the power of Your Holy Spirit we can do all things through Christ who gives us strength (Philippians 4:13). You are so good Dearest Father. Far too often I neglect Your Word. Yet every single time I come back and open It’s pages I am blessed. Blessed with opportunities to learn. Trust. Share. Believe.
This morning I’m reading in Paul’s letter to the Romans (10:18-21) and once again I am amazed. Every single time I think I have something new to share with You, Your Word reminds me that You have always known all there is about all of us.
Your chosen people of Israel had plenty of opportunities to listen and understand the God News about Your Son. Yet they refused. This did not surprise You. You already knew they would.
You didn’t want their (our) misdirected attempts of making themselves good enough to earn Your favor (vs. 2-3). You want the sacrificial gift of Your Son’s death and resurrection to be accepted. Believed. Trusted. Jesus did for us what we could never, ever do for ourselves. He made us right with You.
Of all the opportunities I have before me, loving and trusting You through Him is the absolute best by far. Thank You for this Precious Gift most blessed God and Father. Enable and empower me to use it well. I love You so much. Thank You. Amen.
(274 words ~ 8:17 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment