Tuesday, July 31, 2012

absolutely perfect


Sunday, July 22, 2012 (7:58 a.m.)
Loving Father,
Thank You! Once again Your timing is perfect. Absolutely perfect. I confess I didn’t understand the reason I would wake up singing a song from Singing in the Rain. Sure we watched it last week, but still I wondered.
I tried to shake it loose. Even turned it around to putting You in the role of Whom I would dream of the whole night through I was pretty satisfied with that idea, until just now when I saw the date.
My dad’s birthday. His favorite musical. Thank You Father for such an absolutely perfect reminder.
Three sections appeared in The Message when I searched ‘absolutely perfect’. It’s Your response to Israel’s Terrible Sin that most intrigues me this morning. I continue to be amazed every time I read details of Your glory and righteousness compared to the consequences Your people’s sins brought them.
Reading in Ezekiel 16 of Your perfect care of Jerusalem I see Your nurturing love and my own rebellious nature. Father God how I thank You that no matter the sin, You are just and fair. Thank You that the last verse of this chapter sums up Your love absolutely perfectly.
“ ‘Despite all you have done, I will be kind to you again; you will cover your mouth in silence and in shame when I forgive you all that you have done,’ says the Lord God” (v. 63).
Thank You Father God. Thank You for Your love. Your mercy. Your grace. And thank You for the absolutely perfect reminder of the daddy we all continue to love on this the anniversary of his birth and every other day of the year.
Thank You that as I continue humming the whole day through I will be remembering the love You’ve provided each of us in loving one another. Thank You Father. Thank You that YOU are absolutely perfect! I love You. Amen.
(323 words ~ 9:40 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment