Monday, November 28, 2011

ARGH!

Monday, November 28, 2011 (8:46 a.m.)

Primm, NV

Loving Lord Jesus,

It was four hours ago when I first started drafting this prayer to You. It was then that I realized I was no longer frustrated, irritated or annoyed by the uncooperative Internet experience we’ve had since first attempting to connect yesterday. Not at all the worse thing in the world to get upset about was it Blessed Jesus?

Lying here after four this morning I remembered the reasoning behind my having first formed the acronym for ARGH! It was in direct correlation to Paul’s teachings to Your living church in Ephesus. “Don’t use bad language. Say only what is good and helpful to those you are talking to, and what will give them a blessing” (Ephesians 4:29).

Remembering to bellow out a giant “ARGH!” [instead of a ‘bad language’ J] often reminds me that I am to Always Revere God’s Holiness! Sometimes it happens a lot sooner than twelve hours after the fact. Thank You Dearest Jesus for the reminders of the Truth of Your Word, whenever it is they finally sink into me.

Grumbling and growling at the husband upon his return last evening was not my intent. It all came out so quickly. Each negative description of my frustration only compounded onto the next.

Turning to Your Word would have been a much better use of our time. “Stop being mean, bad-tempered, and angry. Quarreling, harsh words, and dislike of others should have no place in your lives. Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God has forgiven you because you belong to Christ” (vs. 31-32).

Ah, Blessed Lord Jesus. How I thank You for Your reminders. A wholehearted “ARGH!” is so much healthier than all the whining and carrying on I involved myself with yesterday. Thank You for the patience and caring the dear husband was able to offer me. Thank You for Your love that surrounds and envelops us. Thank You for being the change we need in this world!

Remind me as often as necessary that YOUR Way is absolutely the very BEST Way! We love You so incredibly much. Thank You Jesus. Amen.


(369 words ~ 10:31 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment