Thursday, November 17, 2011

smiling

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 (8:19 a.m.)

Loving Lord Jesus,

Awesome Father God, Incredible Holy Spirit, THANK YOU! Thank You that I got to wake up singing to You again. Thank You that I recognized what I was singing right off the bat. Holy, Holy, Holy Is the Lord God Almighty Who was, and is, and is to come With all creation I sing: Praise to the King of Kings! You are my everything, And I will adore You…!

Thursday, November 17, 2011 (6:59 a.m.)

Anaheim, CA

Ah, Blessed Lord Jesus, I sit here realizing that I am smiling. And it’s ALL because of You!

Very shortly after starting this yesterday I became angry. Door slamming, foot stomping angry! When I prayed asking that I wouldn’t be angry any longer, You reminded me that I could go ahead and be angry but I was not to sin in my anger (Ephesians 4:26-27). Thank You for that Jesus. I truly believe it was one of the quickest fit pitching events I can ever remember being a part of it. Slam. Stomp. “Don’t sin in your anger.” Stomp. Slam. Stomp.

Thank You Jesus. Because of You and Your great love and sacrifice for the people of this world I was able to wake up again this morning smiling. Smiling and eager to come once again to spend time with You.

Already this morning I’ve read of Your willingness to “pour water upon him who is thirsty” (Isaiah 44:3a). Because of Your refreshing water, I am excited to get started on the things that are here for me to do this day.

As I look further at Your Word, I realize there is more to this verse. “And I will pour out my Spirit and my blessings on your children.”

You have done exactly that Fairest Lord Jesus. Here I sit in the kitchen of some of YOUR children, surrounded by the love that YOU instituted here. I learn so much more about Your sacrificial love by the interactions of these particular children of Yours. All of them aware of the desire they have to share the blessings You have so freely poured out upon them.

Lord Jesus, thank You for the opportunity to be a more active part of their lives. Here I sit with a bird’s eye view of the blessings You provide. Reading the next verse in Isaiah 44, “They shall thrive like watered grass, like willows on a riverbank” (4). Here are four of Your children working to further Your Kingdom here on earth, each in their own individual way and collectively also as a team. They encourage one another through their love and devotion to You. And they admonish each other as well. No wonder I am smiling! I am witness to You through them.

Thank You Jesus. As I sit here reading more in The Living Bible version of Your Word, I hear church bells off in the distance. I’ve gone to the beginning verses of this chapter and once again I’m even more encouraged. This is a chapter telling that Idols Are False Gods. It tells of the things You are. “The Lord, the King of Israel, says – yes, it is Israel’s Redeemer, the Lord Almighty, who says it – I am the First and Last; there is no other God” (v.6).

Beginning at verse one I read again, “Listen to me, O my servant Israel, O my chosen ones: The Lord who made you, who will help you, says O servant of mine, don’t be afraid. O Jerusalem, my chosen ones, don’t be afraid. For I will give you abundant water for your thirst and for your parched fields.” You provide our every need.

Through Your abundant living water, You give us hope. It is only because of this particular water that the fruit of Your very Spirit grows in each of us. Love. Joy. Peace. Patience. Kindness. Goodness. Faithfulness. Gentleness. And self-control. (Galatians 5:22-23) Yes Jesus. No wonder I’m smiling! Thank You. Amen.

(672 words ~ 8:13 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment