Tuesday, November 15, 2011

magical / MAGICAL!

Saturday, November 12, 2011 (7:24 a.m.)

Mm Blessed Lord Jesus,

Thank You! Waking up thinking about all things magical. This Magic Moment The Magic City. Another song… Olivia Newton-John’s Magic The lyrics of both songs point me to You. Not in a conjuring, occult-ish, sleight of hand kind of way. No. You are extraordinary, remarkable, exceptional… Anything but dull or boring!

I don’t know where to go with this line of thinking. Take me into Your Word, Perfect Jesus. Guide and direct my thoughts, prayers and learning this day.

Thank You Jesus. Thank You that even though I am unable to grasp all the thoughts coming into my head at this moment, You know what You want for me.

Turning in Your Word to Isaiah 47:12 because of the word ‘magical’ I read God’s Revenge against Babylon. Immediately to the left are music notes I had drawn at one time encompassing part of 45:23. “I have sworn by myself, and I will never go back on my word, for it is true – that every knee in all the world shall bow to me, and every tongue shall swear allegiance to my name.” Just exactly what will that be like when it happens Dearest Jesus?

Even as I am reading Your Word of Truth, words from another song insist on being sung. Not being sure what they are I GoodSearched what I could decipher and once again I am singing You are stronger You are stronger Sin is broken You have saved me It is written Christ is risen Jesus You are Lord of all

Jesus, You amaze me. I confess to being dreadfully distracted this morning. My mind keeps going off in way too many directions. Every time I think I have a nugget from You, whoosh, I’m off looking up more lyrics that have come to mind. Just now? Magical Mystery Tour

I want to hear from You. Learn from You. Pay attention to Your teaching. Talk to me today Dearest Jesus. Guide me. Direct me.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 (3:21 a.m.)

And then You do Dearest Jesus. I finally see that You do! Waking up a half hour ago I didn’t want to get up. Laying there thinking, I didn’t want the day to begin yet. Oh but thank You. Thank You that I listened to You!

Magical. “Mercy And Grace In Christ’s All-forgiving Love”. I confess to You the guilt I have often felt in using that word. I know You are good. And I want to stir my thoughts in Your direction. By using the word magical I’ve often thought I was doing You a disservice.

On the very day I started this prayer to You, several Christian women gathered at a friend’s home for a “Homemade Holiday” Craft Fair and what was the word they used most in describing the day? Magical!

What was the word that came to mind when I first looked outside just minutes ago seeing all the white lights the man of this household has so perfectly arranged on our back fence? Magical! And not two minutes later they automatically shut themselves off. Two minutes and I would have missed another magical moment with You! Thank You Jesus.

There is much I want to accomplish this day. I haven’t had a lot of ambition lately. Your mercy and grace keeps working in me. Guiding. Directing. Enabling. Empowering me to take one more step toward where You want me to go.

There are so many areas where I realize I am powerless. Waiting on You, trusting in You is what I know to be best for me. Exercising yesterday by line dancing with a neighbor, taking steps toward approaching unfinished business at my mom’s house, things I didn’t necessarily want to do but know are important turned out wonderfully. Magical! Mercy and grace in Christ’s all-forgiving love!

Thank You Jesus. Thank You that You are so good. I love You so much. Thank You. Amen.

(659 words ~ 4:21 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment