Tuesday, November 15, 2011

advocate

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 (7:33 a.m.)

Loving Lord Jesus,

I got to go back to sleep. In doing so there was much more thought of You, Your Word, Your promises and Your Truth. Jesus, I love You so much. Truly, I want to advocate for You!

As I turn in Your Word, I find this is yet another of the things You are for us. Thank You Jesus.

David depended on You when he called after King Saul saying, “May the Lord therefore judge which of us is right and punish the guilty one. He is my advocate, and He will rescue me from Your power!” (1Samuel 24:15).

Job knew to place his hope, faith and trust in You. “Yet even now the Witness to my innocence is there in heaven; my Advocate is there on high” (Job 16:19).

Repeatedly John wrote of Your foretelling the coming of our Advocate (John 14:16, 26, 15:26, 16:7). Jesus You are so good. You provide our every single need. In his first letter to an unnamed group of early churches, John tells of the hope we have in You. “My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous” (1John 2:1).

The Living Bible paraphrase puts this same verse thusly, “My little children, I am telling you this so that you sill stay away from sin. But if you sin, there is someone to plead for you before the Father. His name is Jesus Christ, the one who is all that is good and who pleases God completely.”

Jesus, Your are our Advocate and truly I long to advocate on Your behalf. I love You. I thank You. And I ask You to do in and through and for me all the things that will bring this desire to fruition. Thank You. Amen.

(331 words ~ 11:04 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment