Tuesday, November 22, 2011

teamwork / Headship

Monday, November 21, 2011 (7:50 a.m.)

Lake Arrowhead, Ca

Most Blessed Loving Lord Jesus,

Oh how I love and thank You Lord! You made this change in scenery happen for us. You were there at home packing with us. The disagreements and tense moments that normally would have been part of the process weren’t! Why? Because You were leading and guiding us every step of the way.

Thank You Jesus. Thank You for clear lines of communication. Thank You that in the moment that could have completely derailed us, I choose to acquiesce and ‘submit to my husband’s leadership in the same way I submit to the Lord’ (Ephesians 5:22). I made that same decision eighteen years ago that has enabled us to become the team we currently are.

And that’s what I thought I was coming to talk with You about this morning. The incredible teamwork that You have provided us. Funny how You change my perspective! Now I’m looking at “Headship”.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 (4:02 p.m.)

Ah, Sweetest Jesus, thank You! I sit. I rest. I think. I remember. I talk. I read. And here I am again reading more about Your Headship! And THAT is EXACTLY what made the difference of the preparing for this trip. It WASN’T the great teamwork that the husband and I have managed to develop over the years. No. Jesus. It’s YOU! The TRUE Head of our family. Our team.

Thank You Jesus for Who You are. All You do. Thank You for the closeness that has grown because of Your magnificent Headship. I first read about it in the Illustrated Bible Handbook. There’s great Truth here Lord Jesus. It sites Ephesians 1:22 and 4:15, 16. I sit here reading them and the surrounding verses, nodding my head, thinking, “Yes! Tell me more!”

I find myself truly AGOG [excited and eager to tell J]. Yet all my thoughts seem to scramble together. Quoting the Handbook’s ‘Theology in Brief’ I wholeheartedly agree, “Jesus is the harmonizer of the body, who blends each member into relationships with others in which he or she can best love and serve.”

As the section continues it references the verse (Ephesians 5:22) that brought me here in the first place saying, “Men are not given control over the lives of their wives. Rather they are given the privilege of taking the lead in serving and giving themselves for the benefit of the wife, just as Christ as Head loved and gave Himself for the church.”

Jesus, I took You at Your Word 18 years ago, when I choose to read and obey this verse. Originally I had reached over and picked up The Life Recovery Bible with the full intention of using it as a missile guided toward said husband. Thank You Jesus for intervening. Thank You for the change that took place between us right then and there as he felt fully trusted by me, quite possibly for the first time in our entire relationship. Thank You too that I didn’t hesitate to point out to him that the One I trusted there was YOU!

Yes Dearest Jesus. Thank You for truly being the Headship in charge of all of our teamwork. We could never have done ANY of this without You. We love You so incredibly much. Thank You for first so loving us! Thank You. Amen.

(563 words ~ 4:30 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment