Sunday, November 27, 2011

ADVENTure

Sunday, November 27, 2011 (11:45 a.m.)

Primm, NV

Sweetest Jesus,

Thank You! Here we are in another location, having another adventure. Thank You for the years You have given us together to learn and to grow. In truly taking the road less traveled yesterday, we got to see sights one of us doesn’t remember ever having seen before and to recall memories in the making.

Lord Jesus, You have been so very patient with us through the years in teaching us the more important things of life. Particularly that “the most important things in life aren’t things.” Thank You Jesus that You have brought so many people into our lives through the years. People who have shared their strengths and weaknesses with us. People from whom we have learned. People with whom we have grown. Thank You Jesus. Indeed. “The most important things in life are NOT things!”

(1:40 p.m.)

Almost two hours later and I am still here Lord Jesus. Reading Your Word, learning more about You, listening [and humming! J] to worship songs and contemplating life in and with and through and for You. Jesus, thank You for this adventure with You.

Thank You for the reminder that today is the first Sunday of Advent. A time that we are to be watching, as we wait for Your return.

Jesus, You have changed us so incredibly much through the years. I practically don’t even recognize us anymore. Thank You for that!

As I began this time with You earlier this morning, I was thinking that the most important things in our lives are the people we have in them. Thank You for correcting my thinking there. Thank You for reminding me that YOU are far and above all the people and things we value. YOU are whom we are to worship! A quote I just read states this plainly. We are to, “Worship God, love people, use things.” Help me not only to learn this Truth, but to put it into regular practice as well.

I turn again to Your Word. Paul’s first letter to the people of Corinth brings me into the second part of the second verse, “I include in my greeting all who call out to Jesus, wherever they live. He’s their Master as well as ours!”

I continue taking to heart his words as I read on. “May all the gifts and benefits that come from God our Father, and the Master, Jesus Christ, be yours” (1Corinthians 1:3). Oh Yes Jesus, please!

“Every time I think of you – and I think of you often! – I thank God for your lives of free and open access to God, given by Jesus. There’s no end to what has happened in you – it’s beyond speech, beyond knowledge. The evidence has been clearly verified in your lives” (vs. 4-6). It’s true Dearest Jesus. So VERY true!

As Paul continues reminding the Believers of his day, I am convicted as well. “Just think – you don’t need a thing, you’ve got it all!” (v. 7a) This I know with my head Dear Jesus. My prayer of request right here is that You would enable be to put this Truth into action. Empower me to freely give of the abundance You have provided us. My heart is still entirely wrapped up in the things we have acquired along the way. Help me Jesus to truly become a cheerful giver! (2 Corinthians 9:6-9)

Returning to verse seven above, “All God’s gifts are right in front of you as you wait expectantly for our Master Jesus to arrive on the scene for the Finale. And not only that, but God Himself is right alongside to keep you steady and on track until things are all wrapped up by Jesus. God, who got you started in this spiritual adventure, shares with us the life of His Son and our Master Jesus. He will never give up on you. Never forget that” (1 Corinthians 1:7b-9, The Message).

Blessed Jesus how I ask You to come do in me that which I am completely incapable of doing for myself. Free me to give. Lead me in this next ADVENTure Lord Jesus. I love You. I trust You. I believe You are absolutely capable of doing in and through me all that I clearly am unable to do on my own. Please, Dearest Jesus, hear my prayer! I love You. Amen.

(739 words ~ 2:35 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment