Wednesday, June 22, 2016

walking the talk

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 (6:46 a.m.)
Precious Jesus,

What would it look like if I were to behave as though I really, truly believe You to be as precious as I claim You to be?

I confess to You right now, I keep trying to say the right things. You are good. Your are God. I believe this. Truly, I do. It's in “walking the talk” that I falter.

Yesterday I sang repeatedly of the wonder working pow'r In the precious blood of the Lamb This is where I say, even sing, the right words; all the while wondering what they truly mean.

I'm to come to the Cross. Trust in the power of Your blood. It all sings very nicely. And here I tell You of the struggle going on within me.

I say I trust You because I want desperately to live as though I truly believe all I claim to regard as true. This is where I admit that I don't think I do.

I accept the blessings You provide. I give You the verbal praise and glory You so rightly deserve. And at the very same time I fret, grumble, wonder and stew over all the areas that I view as tragic.

Jesus. I call upon Your name. I turn to You. And I ask You to work in me as only You can. Do all You must to ready me to truly love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30).

Singing of the power in Your blood is one thing. I am asking You to take full control of my feelings, ambitions, thoughts and actions.

It is in You alone I want desperately to trust. Please Precious Jesus, let my walk match my talk! Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(300 words ~ 7:47 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment