Saturday, June 18, 2016

life-giving tree

Saturday, June 18, 2016 (7:19 a.m.)
Loving Jesus,

Thank You. Mm. Yes. Thank You. I have tears. I truly didn't expect that.

Looking in The Hymnal for Worship & Celebration under CHRIST – Grace, Love and Mercy I came across May the Grace of Christ, Our Savior listed under BENEDICTIONS.

Blessed Lord Jesus, thank You that You love us so very much! Thank You that we are able to readily turn to Your Word to learn more about Your great love for each of us.

Fully expecting to have this CLOSING OF SERVICE hymn cite 2 Corinthians 13:14 as the corresponding verse, I was surprised in reading Revelation 22:21 referenced. “The grace of the Lord Jesus be with God's people.

Thank You Jesus that it is through this book we get to be reminded that You are the victor over all. “All that You said will come true, all that You taught will be proven right” (The Life Recovery Bible introduction to Revelation).

Reading in verse 19 of the life-giving tree and holy city mentioned in this book, I am again reminded that it is in You that I am to have my roots. Faith, hope and trust in You and You alone. And right there starts another song for me!

In Christ alone My hope is found He is my light, my strength, my song... Thank You Jesus! Thank You that it truly is in You alone that we are to stand. All other ground IS sinking sand!

The Life Recovery Bible comment for the last two verses of the entire “Book of Books” sums up Your power and Truth quite hopefully.

It is unhealthy to harbor unrealistic dreams about a future that will never come about. But it is healthy for us to anchor our new life and recovery in the certainty of Christ's return. By trusting Christ with our future, we can better deal with our past and live a more productive present.”

Oh yes please! Let us truly live our days here believing, trusting, hoping in Your blessed return. You give us life and hope. “Come, Lord Jesus!” (Revelation 22:20b). Let Your grace be with us all (v. 21) as we wait!

Thank You. Praise You. Bless You. Keep You. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(381 words ~ 9:08 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment