Friday, June 17, 2016

and live

Friday, June 17, 2016 (7:07 a.m.)
Blessed Jesus,

You are good. We are grateful. Thank You that we get to come unto You. Mm. And live. Yes! We sing of it in Chris Rice's Untitled Hymn (Come to Jesus)

Mm. Yes. Thank You. Thank You that even though I tend to get quite caught up in the devastating news of this world, it's when we put our focus back on You that we really, truly come to life.

Blessed, Precious Jesus, continue Your work in me I pray. Reading of You washing Your disciples feet (John 13:1-17) I take a deep breath and some added time to more fully grasp the significance of Your action.

Jesus, thank You for once again changing my thought pattern. In Your shocking reversal of roles, The Message tells us You said, “I've laid down a pattern for you. What I've done, you do. I'm only pointing out the obvious. A servant is not ranked above his master; an employee doesn't give orders to the employer. If you understand what I'm telling you, act like it – and live a blessed life.”

I don't pretend to understand what You are telling me, that is why I must repeatedly come to You. Sing to You. Fall on You. Cry to You. Dance for You. Fly to You... and live.

Yes please. Let me live this day as though I truly believe You to be more than my own understanding of You. I love You. I need You. I want You. I trust You. And I thank You. Use me this day. Exactly as You wish. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(275 words ~ 8:27 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment