Wednesday, June 29, 2016

a brand new day

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 (6:10 a.m.)
It's a brand new day. Thank You.
(7:07 a.m.)
A brand new day. With You. Yes! Thank You!

Reading in Your Word and of Your Word again I am heartened. Buoyed. Hope-filled.

Holy Jesus, thank You! Holy Father, praise You. Holy Spirit, fill me.

I continue tripping over my thoughts of how best to address You. It was in searching e-articles about this very topic that I was directed to read Romans 12:12. And here I am, truly AGOG with Your goodness and Your grace.

Blessed Lord God Almighty, thank You. I am praying “to the Father, through (or in the name of) the Son, by the power of the Holy Spirit” [gotquestions.org].

Praying because I want to. Praying because I am grateful for Your presence and Your power in our lives.

Romans 12:12 tells me to “Be glad for all God is planning for you. Be patient in trouble, and always be prayerful.”

How I praise You for the hope this section is instilling in me at this very moment. I read up to verse 9. “Don't just pretend that you love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Stand on the side of the good.”

I confess to You right now, I don't always know what that is! With that said, I am truly grateful for the hope that is springing off this page straight into my heart. I have not felt this excited over Your Truth in quite some time.

You are loving, forgiving, powerful. All the things we are not on our own. Oh, but with You? We are made brand new (2 Corinthians 5:17). Thank You. Praise You. Bless You (Psalm 103:22).

There is so very much to do around here this brand new day. And I have a brand new hope in which to approach it. That hope that only comes from knowing, loving and trusting You. So it is to You, God our Father; in the name of Jesus, Your One and Only Son; and in the power of His Holy Spirit that I pray asking that You would truly bless us with Your power that we would accomplish exactly what You wish.

Illustrated Bible Handbook tells us of Romans Chapter 12, “An Appeal for Commitment; 12:1, 2. When we offer ourselves to live for the Lord (cf. 6:15-23), we begin a process of inner transformation which will lead to an entirely new outlook on life. Only by refusing to be squeezed into the ways in which people of this world relate to others will we be able, together, to experience the good and pleasing will of God for us.

True Interdependence; 12:3-8. The world's way is competitive, with each individual seeking to be superior to others. In Christ's body a new way is made possible: a way of cooperation and true interdependence. In Christ each person is valued, for each has a spiritual gift which enables him to contribute to others. There is no room to 'think of yourself more highly than you ought' for we are all needed and all important.

Sincere Love; 12:9-21. The climate of the new community is to be marked by a sincere love for one another. It is this climate that makes possible maximum growth in righteousness. Such a love is so dynamic a power that it enables us to 'overcome evil with good.'”

It is this [YOUR] power that allows me to once again trulybe glad” (Romans 12:12a). Thank You!

Use me on this brand new day, with the renewed hope I have that You really do know exactly what You are doing. Forgive me for the doubt through which I have been looking at You.

Let me see You clearly through the eyes of love You provide. Thank You. Praise You. Bless You. Amen!
(637 words ~ 9:05 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment