Friday, June 17, 2016

perfect peace

Thursday, June 16, 2016 (6:18 a.m.)
Blessed Jesus,

Forgive me please. I have intentionally avoided You. I didn't want to sing, or smile. Not stay. Or stretch. Instead I've sat. Stewed. And watched in horror as heartbreaking events continue.

Jesus, I call upon Your name. Yes. Turning to Your Word. Calling on Your name. YOU are the Way of overcoming evil in this world!

In recognizing my resistance to even considering anything being well with my soul it was only in actually turning to The Hymnal that I once again started hearing Your Truth singing within. Thank You Jesus.

Thank You that You allow me my faults. Thank You that You love me in spite of myself. Thank You that I can behave stubbornly and You will continue working to remind me the Truth You spoke to Your disciples. “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrow. But take heart, because I have overcome the world” (John 16:33).

So very often I forget, even refuse, to look to You in all things. I want circumstances to make sense in ways that I can understand. Thank You for forgiving me my faults.

Thank You that as soon as I am willing to Turn my Eyes upon Jesus, Look full in Your wonderful face, the things of earth DO grow strangely dim In the light of Your glory and grace Thank You Jesus! Praise Your mighty name!

Thank You for singing another song to me just now. All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name! Let angels prostrate fall; Bring forth the royal diadem And crown Him Lord of all

While I still look at the recent events in Orlando, refusing to declare any of them good, thank You for helping turn my focus back to You. YOU are good! Always. We don't understand. We want different. Better. Your best.

Yes please. Remind us often to sing the Truth of Isaiah's Song of Praise to the Lord (Isaiah 26). “You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You, whose thoughts are fixed on You!” (v. 3). Yes, Jesus. Please!

Fix my thoughts on You that I will once again smile. Sing. Stay. And Stretch. Trusting. Depending. Believing.

Thank You that with every single bit of Your Truth that comes to mind, more follows. Right now I am again reading Romans 8:26-30 and being reminded that “We have the confidence that whatever enters our life is designed for good, that we might grow toward likeness to Jesus and our destiny” (Illustrated Bible Handbook).

Mm. Yes. Jesus please. Keep us in Your perfect peace that we would indeed become the people You would have us to be. I love You. I thank You. Use me this day. Exactly as You wish. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(480 words ~ 8:24 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment