Wednesday, June 22, 2016

great confidence

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 (6:14 a.m.)
Blessed Jesus,

We love You. We look to You. Yes. I am here. Turning my eyes upon You.

Thank You Jesus. Thank You that You came into this world to save us (John 3:17). Thank You that there is music to remind us to turn our eyes upon You, looking full in Your wonderful face

I am confessing to You right now that it is far easier for me to say than it is to do. My heart knows that it is the thing to do. It actually quickens in agreement as I read the phrase There's a light for a look at the Savior, And life more abundant and free

Jesus, as multiple fires burn out of control and heat temperatures again begin to soar I turn to You. Continuing to sing phrases from this hymn I am reminded that His Word shall not fail – He promised; Believe Him, and all will be well: Then go to a world that is dying, His perfect salvation to tell!

Mm. It is easy for me to fear. Much more difficult to trust. Lean into. Believe. Continue teaching me to exercise my faith muscle. Yes please. As I turn to You this day; asking, seeking, knocking (Matthew 7:7) I am intentionally choosing to believe Your Word.

The Amplified Bible tells us, “And we know [with great confidence] that God [who is deeply concerned about us] causes all things to work together [as a plan] for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to His plan and purpose” (Romans 8:28).

Having great confidence requires using our faith muscles. Here I am, practicing exactly that. Thank You Jesus.

Bless us and keep us in Your will I pray. Thank You. We love You. Amen.

(302 words ~ 7:25 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment