Wednesday, June 29, 2016

newness of life

Thursday, June 23, 2016 (7:20 a.m.)

(7:40 a.m.) Blessed, Powerful, Mighty Jesus,

Twenty minutes. Yes. It took me twenty minutes to even address You properly this morning. The words “loving” and “gracious” took me again to 2 Corinthians 13:14. And here I thank You. Once again.

Thank You for knowing me. Thank You for loving and guiding and leading me. Thank You for accepting me, especially when I behave as though I do not accept myself.

My tally sheet of all the things with which I find fault grows exponentially. Thank You that You know my heart. My soul. My mind. And my strength. Thank You that Your Word reminds me that my way of thinking and seeing things is not the same as Yours.

Thank You that when I turn to You, looking full in Your wonderful face, the things of earth truly do grow strangely dim in the light of Your glory and grace. Thank You that as I focus my thoughts on You, song after song sing out to me.

When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word... for there's no other way To be happy in Jesus, But to trust and obey.

Mm. Yes. Trust and obey. I confess. It's way harder than it looks! I keep judging and giving up. And then I scour Your Word. Seeking and finally finding – hope! The blessed hope You so freely share.

Jesus, thank You! Thank You that You love even me. I tend to get things in my mind of the way that I expect them to be. Thank You that Your plan, Your way, is far greater. Better. Grander.

Thank You that every single time I don't understand something I can cry my heart, soul, mind, strength out to You and You not only listen, You provide. All that is needed.

I didn't plan to be reading [and crying my way through] 2 Corinthians 5 right now. Thank You so much for leading me here.

I don't pretend to understand all of what is being said here. I know I've read some of it before. This morning, however, the beginning of verse 18 seemed to spring right off the page at me.

“All this newness of life is from God...”

Glancing up at the end of verse 17, “A new life has begun!” Reading each section from end to beginning increases the pounding of my heart.

“They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone.”

“What this means is that those who become Christians become new persons.”

I know this to be true. Please let me experience the newness of life of which Paul refers. I love You. I thank You. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment