Wednesday, January 7, 2015

contemplating You

Wednesday, January 7, 2015 (8:13 a.m.)

Awesome, Holy, Loving, Living God,

Thank You. Thank You for loving us so much. Thank You for coming to save us. Thank You for Your Living Word (Hebrews 4:12).
(8:52 a.m.)

Thank You that I get to come before You. Thank You that Your Word is Truth. Alive and active. Living and effective. Quick and powerful. Full of living power.

Your mercies fall fresh everyday (Lamentations 3:23). Thank You for this time to truly sit before You contemplating You and Your Word.

Mm. Time to contemplate You. Thank You.

Thank You that I get to read verses as though they are completely brand new to me. Psalm 27:4 in The Message particularly right now. “I'm asking God for one thing, only one thing: To live with Him in His house my whole life long. I'll contemplate His beauty; I'll study at His feet.”

Contemplate Your beauty. Study at Your feet. Wow! What an honor. And a privilege.

And then, as if all this is not enough, verse 5 (New Living Translation) takes me even further in my hope in You. “For He will conceal me there [in Your temple] when troubles come; He will hide me in His sanctuary. He will place me out of reach on a high rock.”

I don't know why the thought of being placed by You out of reach on a high rock comforts my soul so much right now. There are lots of different verbs used for this Truth: set, lift, take, keep, secure, put, raiseth. For some reason the thought of being placed by You is the most tender. Loving. Cared for.

Thank You Father. Thank You for the gift of contemplating You this morning. Make me aware of the JOY to be found in this day. We love You so very much and truly long to become the people You have for us to be.

Use us well. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(327 words ~ 9:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment