Friday, January 30, 2015

Proverbs 16:9

Friday, January 30, 2015 (8:15 a.m.)
Holy Father,

I'm looking to You. There is so much that could be done around here. Take a look around. Pick a place and just do it. But I don't. I might get started but there's no follow through. I just quit. Again and again.

I need Your help. Your guidance. Your will in this. It doesn't have to be so hard. I confess to complicating things.

Thank You Father. Thank You. Turning to the Life Recovery TOPICAL INDEX to look up 'complicate', I found instead “COMPLACENCY (see Procrastination)”.

I look up the verses. I read the comments. I smile. I hope. I want. Father, it truly IS in You I trust! I make plans. I have ideas. And Proverbs 16:9 speaks directly to this.

Blessed Father, I am asking You to 'direct [secure, guide, establish, decide, determine, make able, show me] my steps and make them sure.' While I may think, even believe, my plans and ideas to be sound, YOU know what is best. I look to You. I am asking You to make me able to succeed where my ability leaves me lacking.

It is indeed in You I trust (Genesis 15:6) and I ask You to make me able this day to follow Your lead. I love You. I thank You. And I ask You, Father, how I ask You (Matthew 7:7). Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(238 words ~ 9:32 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment