Wednesday, January 28, 2015

the gift of celebration

Wednesday, January 28, 2015 (8:30 a.m.)
Blessed Father,

Thank You. Thank You that I get to hope. Thank You that I get to pray. Thank You that
(10:20 a.m.)
… I am loved.

By You. By others. Thank You that I get to sit right here. Breathing deeply. Thinking soundly. Loving easily. Thank You Father. Thank You.

Thank You for a brand new day to celebrate. Celebrate. Yes. Thank You for the gift of celebration. Mm. What a privilege. Honor. Opportunity.

Today I have the joy of celebrating and being celebrated. Ah. But is that not our call everyday? “Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say, rejoice!” (Philippians 4:4).

Oh, but look. It just keeps getting better! The Message version, “Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in Him!”

That is my prayer this day Blessed Father. Truly. Absolutely. Wholeheartedly. I want to learn to celebrate You. All day. Every day.

I've prayed this verse before. “Always be full of joy in the Lord.” “Rejoice.” “Be joyful.” “Always be glad for what the Lord has done,” “Delight yourselves in God, yes, find your joy in Him at all times.”

While it all sounds quite lovely. Bright. Pleasing. Lofty. Celebrating seems doable. It's a concept I can get my head around. I am asking You to work in me; teaching me, enabling me, empowering me to “Celebrate You. All day. Every day.”

As I continue with this newfound gift of celebration, I ask You to make it all about You. Singing the song I just want to celebrate another day of living I just want to celebrate another day of life how I ask that You make it so. All day. Every day.

I love You Father. And I thank You. “Cheers!” Amen.

(296 words ~ 11:42 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment