Friday, January 16, 2015

"Take heart"

Friday, January 16, 2015 (7:36 a.m.)
My Lord,

My loving, living Lord. Thank You.

Thank You that when I think of You I get to remember that You promised things wouldn't always go well (John 16:33a). You came to earth to save us. Teach us. Comfort and guide us. Thank You.

Thank You that any time I find myself getting lost in the problems and troubles of all that goes on around us, You come to my mind. Your promise of abundant life (John 10:10). Your command to love each other (John 13:34). Your gift of peace (John 14:27a). And Your wonderful reminder to not be troubled or afraid (27b).
(8:22 a.m.)

Blessed Jesus, I absolutely love when I come here at Your prompting. I saw the wisps of clouds in the beautiful blue sky yesterday and did not take the time to sit with You and Your Word. All the whole day, late into the evening and earliest this morning John 16:33b has been right underneath my conscious thoughts.

“Take heart.” “Be brave.” “Cheer up.” “Have confidence.” “Be of good courage.” So many ways of reminding us that You have “overcome the world.”

Jesus, thank You! As though John 16:33 wasn't enough, I now have 14:27 to add to the mix. “Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. I give to you not as the world gives. Do not let your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”

Thank You that no sooner was I finishing up with that quote, Turn your eyes upon Jesus starting singing in my soul. Wanting more than the simplicity of the chorus, verses were readily found. O soul, are you weary and troubled? No light in the darkness you see? There's light for a look at the Savior, And life more abundant and free!

Jesus, thank You that we truly can turn our eyes upon You. Look full in His wonderful face, And the things of earth will grow strangely dim, In the light of His glory and grace.

A particular opportunity of sharing Your loving forgiveness has just come to me. Another custody battle. Each parent wanting the very best for their child. Father God, You know Your plan for what is best. How I pray Your grace, mercy, wisdom and loving forgiveness on all involved. From the family themselves to every single being associated with the proceedings.

Given the privilege of writing a letter speaking to the good of the child, I ask that You Yourself would take over the points You would have me bring up. What a perfect day to be reminded to “Take heart”.

John 16:33 The Voice, “I have told you these things so that you will be whole and at peace. In this world, you will be plagued with times of trouble, but you need not fear; I have triumphed over this corrupt world order.”

Oh, thank You Jesus. Thank You. I love You. Use me well this day. Thank You. Amen.
(503 words ~ 9:03 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment