Monday, July 15, 2013

wonderfully holy


Monday, July 15, 2013 (6:55 a.m.)
Holy Father God,
Thank You for being a wonderfully holy Father and God. I didn't expect to find it written in Your Word, but here it is. Exodus 15:11. “Are there any gods like the Lord? No, there are no gods like You – You are wonderfully holy! You are amazingly powerful! You do great miracles!”
How perfect is that! Your people of Israel got to watch firsthand as You rescued them from the oppression of the Egyptians. You marked their way to and through the Red Sea, yet they were still afraid (Exodus 14:1; 10). Thank You Father for reminders such as these that Your people doubted, feared, complained (v.11) before trusting and obeying.
I confess to You the feelings of fear and bitterness that far too often run rampant over my thoughts. I keep mental lists of past slights and make decisions based on what will most likely hurt the least.
Thank You that Yours is a far better Way than that! We are called to trust, obey, forgive, rejoice. Things we are unable to do on our own. Thank You Father. Because You are wonderfully holy, You have provided us the privilege to “be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power” (Ephesians 6:10).
Much too often I forget just how wonderfully holy You are. And even here, I haven't yet seen the tip of the iceberg to Your wonders and holiness. Thank You Father. Thank You that You keep me coming back for more praising and rejoicing. I love You. I want to serve You well with all the glory and honor You deserve. Make it so Dearest Father. Make me astutely aware and acknowledging of Your wonderful holiness.
I love You Father. I thank You. Amen.
(299 words ~ 7:43 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment