Sunday, July 14, 2013

a great day


Sunday, July 14, 2013 (6:56 a.m.)
Blessed Father,
Thank You. Good sleep was had. That doesn't happen everyday. It's a joy when it does. Waking up, I hear church bells chiming. The air outside feels cool. Birds are chirping. And I am quoting a country song, It's A Great Day to Be Alive
Thank You Father. While it IS a great day to be alive, it's far greater when we are alive in You. The church of Sardis is remembered for this. “This message is sent to you by the one who has the seven-fold Spirit of God and the seven stars. I know your reputation as a live and active church, but you are dead” (Revelation 3:1).
Jesus, I get to sit here and be grateful for Your Word; Your life, death and resurrection. Too often I resemble those who just go through spiritual motions instead of standing firmly in the faith we have in You. Thank You for Your call to righteousness. “We don't have to follow the crowd; we can follow God instead” (The Life Recovery Bible).
“Now wake up! Strengthen what little remains – for even what is left is at the point of death. Your deeds are far from right in the sight of God. Go back to what you heard and believed at first; hold to it firmly and turn to me again. Unless you do, I will come suddenly upon you, unexpected as a thief, and punish you” (Revelation 3:2-3).
You encourage us to make better choices. Live better lives. Forgive. Be grateful. Love. It's a great day to do all these. Work in me to make it so. I love You, Father. I love You, Jesus. I love You, Holy Spirit. Thank You for Your work, Your sacrifice, Your love on our behalf. Have Your way this day. Amen.
(299 words ~ 8:04 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment