Wednesday, July 10, 2013

humbled again


Monday April 22, 2013 (8:15 a.m.)
(9:55 a.m.)
Most Holy Father,
I feel guilty. I haven't taken care to eat well and exercise regularly and now I believe I am suffering the consequences. Cold? Flu? Allergies? You know. And that's what I need most. You to know everything there is to know about everything.
I confess to having avoided You. I took the time to read suspense. I spent hours upon hours discovering 'whodunit' and why. I am not at all surprised to find myself unsatisfied in the process.
Father, thank You that Your Word is Truth. Thank You that there is LIFE in You. In Your Word (Hebrews 4:12). In Your Truth.
Wednesday, July 10, 2013 (7:31 a.m.)
Anaheim, CA
Would you just look at this... feeling guilty. Yep. That's me. One minute I'm thinking I'm “all that” and the next... flat on my face. Humbled again.
Father God, I HATE making the mistakes I make! My outcome so very rarely matches my intentions. They (intentions) are usually so good. With great anticipation of the goodness that will follow.
Thank You Holy Father that through all the messes I create You are here, reminding me that “ALL things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose” (Romans 8:28). I can choose to focus on the mistakes I make. The pridefulness with which I approach so many of the endeavors I undertake, 'cause "oh won't this make me look good?" OR I get to put my attention back on YOU where it so rightfully belongs!
So here I am, once again, finally choosing to “Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens...” (1Thessalonians 5:16-18a). Even, make that ESPECIALLY, when I am humbled again. Keep reminding me Dearest Father that “this IS the way You want us who belong to Christ Jesus to live (v. 18b). Thank You Father. Remind me.
Forgive me for taking my own sweet time in putting You first in my day. Bless us and keep us, making Your face truly shine upon us and be gracious to us. Lift Your face to us and grant us Your peace (Numbers 6:24-26).
I love You so very much Dearest Father. Shine through me this day I pray. Thank You. Bless You. Amen.
(391 words ~ 7:58 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment