Monday, July 22, 2013

He's the One


Monday, July 22, 2013 (7:11 a.m.)
Awesome Father God,
Thank You! You provided us safe travels yesterday. Safe travels and loving hugs. Oh that it were true Dearest Father, to find emotional and physical healing in the love and hugs of friends.
Blessed Father, we are surrounded by people who are hurting. For one reason or another. In one way or another. And all we can do is look to You. Asking. Seeking. Knocking on their behalf (Matthew 7:7-8).
I look to You Dearest Father. I hold onto the words I find in Your Word. The ones that have seared themselves into my heart and mind. Words such as Proverbs 3:5-6. “Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the One who will keep you on track.”
You're the One alright! Father God, how truly grateful I am to be able to turn to You in every instance. So very often I get confused. I try to figure things out. I want to do good. And then I remember. You're the One who will do good in and through us only when we get out of Your way and ask You in to do just that.
Today, Dearest Father, there are so many of our friends and family who are hurting. Feeling discouraged. Alone. Afraid. Come in to each of us that we would readily point to You saying, “He's the One who will keep you on track.”
Father, You are so very good. So kind. I continue looking in Proverbs and am again reminded how our 'own soul is nourished when we are kind and destroyed when we are cruel' (11:17). Continue Your work in me Blessed Father, making me loving. Joyful. Peaceful. Patient. Kind. Good. Gentle. Faithful. And self-controlled (Galatians 5:22-23).
You're the One who can do that. Through Your Holy Spirit. How I ask You to continue softening hearts, making them obedient to Your call. Settle down deep into the minds and souls of those of us in desperate need of Your saving grace. Infuse us with the strength that only comes from Your mighty power within (Ephesians 6:10). It is Your strength we need to face each day. You're the One to provide that needed strength.
Make us aware of Your presence. Provide us with everything that is necessary to truly love You with all of our hearts, minds, souls and strength (Mark 12:30) that we will then come to 'love our neighbors as ourself' (v. 31).
You're the One, the ONLY One who can do that in and through each of us! It is in Your Blessed Son's most holy name I pray, asking You to BE the One with each of us most Holy Father. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(478 words ~ 8:05 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment