Thursday, July 11, 2013

blame


Thursday, July 11, 2013 (6:18 a.m.)
Incredibly Awesome Father God,
Thank You! Thank You for Your presence in our lives. Thank You for Your call to forgive and to love others. Thank You for Your reminders of the necessity of forgiving ourselves as well as those around us.
Blessed Father I hadn't really noticed the degree of bitterness I have been harboring lately. My thoughts and emotions have wreaked havoc over the smallest perceived slights. Simply put: I've wasted a lot of time blaming others for my own hurt feelings.
Father, thank You! Thank You for not abandoning me to my own devices. Thank You for reminding me again and again that while I may not be able to control what other people think, say or do I can absolutely choose to turn to You. In so doing I get to ask You for more grace, forgiveness and love to offer to others instead of blame.
Even here though, it is not me but You working in and through me which reminds me that 'it is not by might, nor by power but by Your Spirit' (Zechariah 4:6) that we overcome the hurts and losses we face every day. Blessed Father God, thank You.
Thank You for the words Paul wrote to the church at Corinth. He wanted them to know that we aren't changed into living as Your people by altering our external behaviors. It's only by You working on us from the inside out (2Corinthians 5:17) that we are able to truly embrace the positive habits You would have us hold dear.
It's also through this particular letter (5:18-6:2) that he speaks of Christ's great sacrifice on our behalf. He encouraged the Corinthians to fully accept all the love Jesus has so generously offered to each of us.
Through choosing to follow what is clearly Your “program for healthy living” (The Life Recovery Bible) we can look to and lean on You every single time our self esteem takes a beating (6:8-10). We are to live to please You, not ourselves or others. We do this most effectively by not withholding forgiveness but by offering Your love and grace instead. Every single time.
Father, thank You for once again opening my eyes to the amount of blame I've been attempting to shift around here. Rid us of the unproductive wastes of time, energy and resources we have been uncontrollably spinning lately. Teach us to truly love You, each other and our own selves as You would have us love. Thank You for loving each of us so very much.
It is in Your Son's most precious name I pray. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(446 words ~ 7:41 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment