Thursday, August 21, 2014

In You

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 (10:55 a.m.)
Redlands Community Hospital Parking Lot
Holy Father,

Thank You! Thank You that in You I do not have to settle for less than what I want. In You I get to choose to hope. Desire. Want. Risk.

It's been so very long that I've been closing in on myself. So long since I've considered opening up and being honest. So long spent denying. Refusing. Not letting You work in me.

I stomp my feet. Turn my back. Whine. Grouse. And still You wait. Ever patient. Ever faithful. Thank You.

Hope. “Wisdom from the Lord”. Jeremiah 17:5-10. My heart IS “most deceitful and desperately wicked” (v. 9a). Oh, but You “the Lord, search all hearts and examine secret motives” (10a). You know me. I haven't even tried to hide my faults from You. I've let You see them just as they are. Angry. Bitter. Unforgiving! Tossed about like a wave of the sea (James 1:6).

But again, every hope I find is in Your Word. Jeremiah 17:7, “But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence. They are like trees planted along a riverbank, with roots that reach deep into the water. Such trees are not bothered by the heat or worried by long months of drought. Their leaves stay green, and they go right on producing delicious fruit.”

I cannot possible flourish and grow without the nourishment that comes solely from You. You are my Hope.

I know You are working in us. I see it. I believe it. I trust You to know what You are doing. It has never been as I expected. I am rarely as faithful, hopeful or loving as I long to be. In and of myself I am completely unable to do and be any of all You want and have for me.

Continue Your work in, through, with and for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment