Tuesday, June 21, 2011

provision

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 (6:26 a.m.)

Praise You Lord,

There’s another song trying to sing in my mind. The tune is there, along with a few words.

Thank You that just as I was preparing to type out my desire for it in print right here, a brief hug led to the booklet I had it written in.

Thank You Lord. Even before a formal request could be made, here You are providing my every need.

PROVISION: ORIGIN – late Middle English (also in the sense [foresight]): via Old French from Latin provisio(n-) (see PROVIDE) - ORIGIN late Middle English (also in the sense [prepare to do, get ready] ): from Latin providere ‘foresee, attend to,’ from pro- ‘before’ + videre ‘to see.’

That’s YOU Lord! It’s Who You are. It’s what You do! You provide! You foresee, attend to, before we even know to ask. Thank You Lord.

I hear the Savior say Thy strength indeed is small Child of weakness watch and pray Find in me thine all in all

I was singing the chorus to this last night without even knowing what it was. Jesus paid it all All to Him I owe Sin had left a crimson stain He washed it white as snow

Oh Dearest Lord, how I thank You.Lord now indeed I find Thy power and Thine alone Can change the lepers spots And melt this heart of stone It’s only in You I must place all my hope and faith! It’s only because of You I get to sing It’s washed away! All my sin! And all my shame! And when before the throne I stand in Him complete Jesus died my soul to save My lips shall still repeat Jesus paid it all…

Lord, as I consider the resounding truth of these words, it’s the addition of the next line that has truly brought me here. Oh praise the One Who paid my debt And raised this life Up from the dead Six times this truth is sung before concluding with the chorus Jesus paid it all All to Him I owe Sin had left a crimson stain He washed it white as snow Lord, You are so good and I love You so very much.

I just want to be with You. I don’t want to bother with anything else. I just want to stay here with You being nourished and fed. Thank You that You will change that in me as well. You didn’t design us just to take from You, but to give to others as well.

And just like that You speak to me again. Dr. Luke recorded (Luke 12: 29-32) that while speaking to a great crowd, You turned to Your disciples to warn them of their need [here in Eugene Peterson’s words] to Steep Yourself in God-Reality. “What I’m trying to do here is get you to relax, not be so preoccupied with getting so you can respond to God’s giving. People who don’t know God and the way He works fuss over these things [what to eat or wear], but you know both God and how He works. Steep yourself in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. You’ll find all your everyday human concerns will be net. Don’t be afraid of missing out. You’re my dearest friends! The Father wants to give you the very kingdom itself.”

How can I do anything else right now but sing Jesus paid it all All to Him I owe Sin had left a crimson stain He washed it white as snow Lord, I love You. I long to live my life in and through You. Let’s start with this day. And again my wholehearted singing Oh praise the One Who paid my debt And raised this life Up from the dead Thank You Lord. Praise You. Guide and direct me this day I pray. Amen.

(646 words ~ 7:47a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment