Sunday, June 19, 2011

FATHER'S Day laughter

Sunday, June 19, 2011 (9:30ish a.m.)

Awesome God,

Happy Father’s Day! Interesting thing presented at church last night, YOU are our Father. I’ve known that for years. But somehow, as it was shared last night, there was a difference. A definite “WOW!” factor. Thank You Lord. Thank You for being my Dad!

Also gleaned from last night’s worship, the association of the words in Everlasting God with those found in Isaiah 40:28 on. “The everlasting God, the Lord, The Creator of the ends of the earth, Neither faints nor is weary His understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength.” Now THAT’S the kind of example we need for Fatherhood!

Ephesians 6:4, “And you, fathers, do not provoke your children to wrath, but bring them up in the training and admonition of the Lord.”

You’ve been the perfect example all along Lord. We miss the mark. We yell. We scream. We make mistake after mistake. And You love us in spite of ourselves. How good are You?

I look to You as Father, Lord. I pretty much always have. It’s what comes most readily for me. Father. Good guy. Loving. Kind. Generous. Funny. See? My earthly dad was funny. Really funny! Loved to laugh and help others laugh as well.

I’ve often said You must have a really good sense of humor. Is this a safe assumption? Do you enjoy a good laugh Lord? I like to think so.

I’m again realizing that I have not been doing a whole lot of that lately. Smiling more readily? Yes. But giggling? Goofing? And downright guffawing? Not so much.

Thanks for reminding me Lord. As I take the time to consider my dad today and all the things he both positively and negatively instilled in me, let me remember to laugh! Loud and long and clear! (he) love(d) to laugh It (kept) getting worse every yearThank You Lord. Thank You SO much. I love You. Happy Father’s Day! Amen.

(340 words ~ 11:02 a.m)

No comments:

Post a Comment