Friday, June 17, 2011

forgiveness of sins

Monday, June 6, 2011 (7:35 a.m.)

Tahoe Sands Resort

Tahoe Vista, CA

Blessed Lord,

Thank You. I love You. Just hours ago it was snowing and I was drafting this prayer to You. Now it’s raining and the beauty of the white covering is slowly disappearing with each drop.

Thank You Lord that Your Word is permanent. True. Never changing. Thank You that in the midst of a fearful situation, turning to You and Your Word was an absolute must!

Where I had come to think of titling this post to You as “FEAR!”, “danger” or even “evil”, “forgiveness of sins” is truly what this is all about. While You are “faithful and just to forgive us our sins” (1John1:9) we have to come before You confessing them.

Throughout the night of much better sleep than I had the night before, scripture verses kept coming to mind. Along with the names of people (and organizations) we might call upon to help at this particular time, Your Truth prefaced each one.

“The earnest [actually ‘effectual fervent’] prayer of a righteous man availeth much” (James 5:16). Yes Lord!

Because of the early morning snow, Psalm 51:7 and Isaiah 1:18 came in to play! Thank You Lord. Thank You for the TRUTH of Romans 3:23, “For ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God” and the comfort of Lamentations 3:22-23. “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.” Ah. Truth. Comfort. Safety. All found in You!

Thursday, June 9, 2011 (1:13 p.m.)

Shoreline Park at Donner Lake

So much later in the week Lord and here I am again feeling fearful. I keep trying to turn to You. I’m keenly aware of the beauty You have created. Ah, but the evil Lord. Oh – but You defeated death with Your resurrection! And such it is. Back and forth I go. FAITH and fear. But You know what Lord? I HAVE to choose FAITH! “Forsaking All I Trust Him” And I do Lord. I trust You with it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment