Saturday, June 18, 2011

Genesis

Saturday, June 18, 2011 (7:56 a.m.)

Precious, Blessed Lord,

Thank You for Your availability and Your presence. I had silent conversation with You throughout the night which enabled me to sleep restfully and much. Thank You Lord.

The priestly blessing of Numbers 6:24-26 and the word ‘relationship’ came up often. Not knowing which [or either J] of them You would most want me to pursue this morning, I’m turning right to You and asking. Lord God what would You like me to learn today?

Aren’t You just the best? Well, actually, You are! Genesis 31:45-55 and 33:1-11. Steps nine and ten of the 12 step programs. Personal Boundaries and Long-Awaited Healing. Speak to me God. Teach me what it is You what me to know.

First off, I’m choosing to trust You. ALWAYS a good place to start! Thank You Lord. Thank You for every single blip on my soul’s radar recently that has led me right straight into Your presence. Whether it’s sleepless nights, irritated voices, legitimate fears, what have You… I find myself running away into Your cleansing Light much more regularly and freely. Thank You Lord.

I continue to use the phrase ‘family in crisis’. I believe setting up firm, Godly ‘personal boundaries’ will ultimately lead to our ‘long-awaited healing’. Do it Lord! Do in and through each of us that which we have been incapable, up ‘til now, to do on our own!

Lord, thank You for bringing me back to Genesis: origin, source, root, beginning, start… What a great word. Thank You.

I start at Genesis 31, but each verse I read leads me backwards on the trail of the lies and deceptions of just this one family. I am once again supremely comforted in the fact that we are not the first of Your families that do not love one another the way You had originally planned. But as I take the verses forward, my hope in You, Your Will and Your Way solidifies. Thank You Lord.

Thank You that even as I consider this, I am reminded of The Preacher’s observation in Ecclesiastes 1:9. “There is nothing new under the sun.”

Your families began in crisis, from the moment satan first deceived Eve (Genesis 3). Thank You Lord that You did not leave us alone in our sin. You knew our weaknesses and frailties from the beginning and You planned our Way [Your Son] out of them. Thank You Lord.

Thank You for this time to be honest with You about my concerns regarding the lack of bonding and Godly love this particular family is currently functioning in. Keep working in and through us Blessed Lord. Build us into the obedient Godly people You would have us be. I love You so very much. And I thank You more than I can ever hope to express. Thank You Lord. Amen.

(478 words ~ 9:30 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment