Wednesday, June 29, 2011

prayerfully

Monday, June 27, 2011 (12:37 p.m.)

Most Holy God,

You are working mightily, powerfully in our lives. You are good. You are holy. And we are thankful. Lord. I confess that I don’t know how to proceed. I don’t think I know how to prayer powerfully enough. Wholeheartedly yes. Powerfully? Not so much.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 (8:00 a.m.)

Even when I’m not expressing myself to You in written form, my heart still cries out to You. Turning in Your Word to learn more about prayer, I find myself again at Psalm 119. The Illustrated Bible Handbook describes it not only as the longest psalm, but tells that “The word of God, and its impact in the life of the believer, is the subject of this great work of poetry.” Oh to be able to LIVE this truth each and every moment of our lives!

I read here of the blessings and joy afforded to those who are obedient to Your instructions and Your laws. I confess that when I am reading them and my head and heart nod in agreement I absolutely know that Your way is the best way then invariably the next thing I know I have wandered off from You again.

Lord God, how I thank You for loving me in spite of myself. I get in the way of Your truth and light so often. I think I fully know and understand one tiny little aspect of what Your Word is saying to me then the very next thing I know I’m stumbling around in the dark again. Thank You for accepting me every single time I turn back around to You and Your will and Your way.

Lord, I am asking You to make me obedient in the ways that I have been unable to accomplish on my own. I DO let my feelings get in the way of my efforts. I fold too easily. I give up often. I long to learn to identify the things that are worth staying and fighting for. Teach me Lord to be the loving, courageous woman of Yours You originally deemed me to be.

I love You. I long to represent You well. I’m asking You to lead me in the spiritual battles I have longed attempted to ignore. Grow me Lord. In Your Word. In Your Will. In Your Way. Make me obedient. I confess; I am completely unable to pull it off in my own strength and power. I need You. I want You. I am asking You to do in and through me that which I am not able to do for myself. I am powerless to make myself righteous. I am unable to pray fervently and effectually (James 5:16) enough on my own. Even in finding this verse just now, I ended up looking at and being inspired again by Nehemiah’s commitment to You and his readiness to sit down, cry, go without eating and spend time in prayer to You for the good of others (Nehemiah 1:4). THAT’S the kind of pray-er I long to be dearest Lord. One who readily comes to You in the power of Your Holy Spirit.

Teach me Lord. Guide me. Direct me. Show me how to become the powerfully prayerful person You would have me be. Prayerfully I ask this in Your Son’s most holy name. I love You. I thank You. Amen.

(564 words ~ 8:50 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment