Friday, June 17, 2011

Be glorified!

Friday, June 17, 2011 (6:31 a.m.)

Loving Lord,

My mind keeps changing this morning. First I was going to say I love You and I need You. Then I thought instead I wanted to talk to You about ‘taking care of business’. The next thing I knew I was wanting to glorify You. And in considering that, the Gloria Patri came to mind. Even in the midst of singing Glory be to You, the words and tune Be glorified began.

So let’s start with I love You and I need You and go straight from there, shall we? You are so good Lord. You deserve to be glorified! Thanked, praised, worshiped, adored, honored, revered, applauded, exalted… Tall order Lord. Teach me will You?

No sooner asked then answered! Lord. You just never cease to amaze me! Thank You! Searching ‘be glorified’ I came upon 1Peter 1:19. In turning there in The Learning Bible, reminders of “HOPE” abound.

Chosen, Protected and Saved” is one heading. As is “Living as God’s Holy People”. I was drawn here because of the wording in The Message. Verses 17-19, “Your life is a journey you must travel with a deep consciousness of God. It cost God plenty to get you out of that dead-end, empty-headed life you grew up in. He paid with Christ’s sacred blood, you know. He died like an unblemished, sacrificial lamb. And this is no afterthought. Even though it has only lately – at the end of the ages – become public knowledge, God always knew He was going to do this for you. It’s because of this sacrificed Messiah, whom God then raised from the dead and glorified, that you trust God, that you know you have a future in God.”

This is where I smile, nod my head, get excited [AGOG! J] and find peace once again.

Lord God, You are so good. You love us. You remind us. You take such perfect care of us. And I am grateful Lord.

As I consider ways in which You could truly be glorified in my life this day, the extended [original] version of The Serenity Prayer once again comes to mind. As I prepare to pray it here Dearest Lord, I so very earnestly ask [while again singing] In my life [heart, day…] Lord, be glorified, be glorified In my life Lord, be glorified today

Oh most dear and blessed Lord, I love You so incredibly much. With my whole heart [mind, soul and strength] I pray asking, “God, give us grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, Courage to change the things which should be changed, and the Wisdom to distinguish the one from the other. Living one day at a time, Enjoying one moment at a time, Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace, Taking as Jesus did, this sinful world as it is, Not as I would have it, Trusting that You will make all things right, If I surrender to Your will, So that I may be reasonably happy in this life, And supremely happy with You forever in the next.” Ah, yes Lord. Make it so. Be glorified! Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(531 words ~ 8:35 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment